Keep Your Teeth in Great Shape With Dental Cleanings & Exams in Metairie
It’s impossible to have a healthy smile without regular dental cleanings and exams in Metairie. That’s because no matter how diligently you brush and floss at home, you’ll miss tough-to-clean areas where bacteria collect. Our dentist and hygienist get into every nook and cranny to remove the bacteria that cause cavities and gum disease.
- Improve your smile’s appearance by cleaning and polishing your teeth
- Remove plaque and calculus, including from out-of-the-way places like back teeth
- Take X-rays to identify issues that may need to be addressed
- Find problems when they are small and simple to treat
- Answer your questions and address your concerns
Your exams are also a great opportunity for us to get to know you better! We can help you develop long-term treatment plans that may involve restorative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, or other services. We suggest visiting us every six months to get your teeth examined and cleaned. To schedule an appointment, call 504-291-0042.
Your Dentist Looks at Every Aspect of Oral Health During Exams
We use a high-tech tool called CariVu to find cavities even before they can be seen by the naked eye. Early intervention is important because we don’t want small problems to become bigger ones. It’s easy to treat a small cavity with a filling, but bigger cavities will require a dental crown. If infection results, you’ll need a root canal.
We look for more than cavities! Your dentist also looks for indications of:
- Gum disease
- Teeth grinding or other signs of TMJ disorders
- Problems with existing dental restorations
- Oral cancer
We may recommend preventive services, like applications of fluoride or dental sealants, to help keep your teeth in top shape.
Stay Comfortable During Your Dental Exam
With our gentle touch, your exams and cleanings are always comfortable. But we’ll invite you to take advantage of our comfort amenities like:
- A cozy blanket
- Headphones so you can listen to music during your exam
- Warm towels for freshening up
For dental cleanings and exams in Metairie call 504-291-0042. We’re located at 3939 N. Causeway Blvd., near the Lakefront Trail. We look forward to seeing you!